Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Qureshi says he is ready for trial


Former foreign minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi on Tuesday said in the National Assembly that there have been a lot of blames on me, such as that I am accused of meeting Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif and Chaudhry Nisar.
He said that he has never said or done anything against the party.
“During Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto’s first government she showed a lot of faith in me and when former President Farooq Leghari dissolved the government, I was in India then, I caught the first flight back to Pakistan to be with Mohtarma
.
he said, adding “When ever I go to India something happens.”
Qureshi said that he is not an American puppet and neither is he someone who wants to spoil relations with the US.
He said if anyone thinks he is guilty then he is ready to stand for trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment