Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Only hot and hit Anushka can save Akki now

Only hot and hit Anushka can save Akki nowWill the Band Baaja Baaraat girl Anushka Sharma's luck rub off on Khiladi Kumar, who's having a bad streak

After raking in the appreciation for Band Baaja Baraat with newbie Ranveer Singh, Anushka Sharma now gears up for Patiala House with Akshay Kumar. The model-turned-actress is still in celebration mode and hopes it spills over to her next project. 

"In BBB, we managed to pull it off though Ranveer was a new face because we were all so convinced about the project. I have always chosen my films based on scripts that look at characters in distinct, unique moulds."

She's hoping that her "right choice" works for Patiala House as well. Her co-star Akshay Kumar has not tasted success in any of his last couple of releases. 

Will she prove to be the Khiladi's lucky mascot?

"It was lovely to work with him, " says Anushka who had Shah Rukh Khan as her co-star in her debut Rab Ne
Bana Do Jodi. "The established actors may be in their own space and non-interfering but at the same time, always there to guide when need be."

In Patiala House, the actress essays the character of Simran, a girl based in London. "The biggest compliment I receive is when people tell me that I get into the skin of the character. 

I am not Punjabi but after seeing me in Rab Ne.. everyone thinks I am Punjabi! And after seeing me in BBB, it is like I am from Delhi as the character was set there. But I am from Bangalore!" 

Patiala House is also her first film outside the Yash Raj banner. "Everyone assumed that I had a three-film contract with YRF but it wasn't so. 

I had signed Patiala House before BBB. But as the movie released before, the general perception is that I had a three-film deal with Yash Raj."

She's also basking in what M F Husain has said about her role in BBB as reported ('Anushka Pe Fida Husain'; Hitlist, Jan 6). 

"He's extremely open about things. For him to think that I have the potential is a huge compliment for me. 

To be mentioned in the same breath as Madhuri Dixit is a top-of-the- world feeling for me. I adore Madhuri. For me, she's a goddess."

No comments:

Post a Comment