Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's Official: Katrina and Abhishek reunite

It`s Official: Katrina and Abhishek reuniteFor AB's Baby's first out-and-out comic role which will be directed by Rajkumar Santoshi

It looks like Raj Kumar Santoshi will be directing the junior instead of the senior Bachchan first. With Santoshi's Power (starring Amitabh Bachchan) on hold, the versatile director has now quickly moved to another quirky comedy a la Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahani.

The untitled film will feature Abhishek Bachchan in his first out-and-out comic role, opposite Katrina Kaif thereby putting to rest all rumours about Katrina being reluctant to work with Junior B.

My doosra

Maintains Kaif, "I had done one of my earliest films (Sarkar) with Abhishek. And it was great fun. Somehow subsequent projects didn't work out. I had decided whenever I work with him again, it would be in an out-and-out romantic subject."

Says Santoshi, "I've worked with Amitji before in Family and Khakee. But I've still not worked with
Abhishek. I am really looking forward to directing him for the first time. 

In him, I see great-untapped potential and a hunger to excel. There's a very mischievous side to his personality, which has not been tapped in any film. I think Abhishek has great comic potential. When I wrote this script I thought of him immediately." The untitled film will be produced by Santoshi and will go on the floors early next year.

Adds the filmmaker, "I've done two comedies before (Andaaz Apna Apna and Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahani). Both were warmly accepted. This will be my third. I can't wait to get started." 

No comments:

Post a Comment