Saturday, January 8, 2011

All about Ratan's Swayamavar and her ideal man

All about Ratan`s Swayamavar and her ideal manNo controversies, no affairs and not even a distant beau to contribute to her history -- small screen's petite daughter Ratan Rajput is all set to get 'knotty' on Imagine's "Ratan Ka Rishta: Swayamavar - Season 3" and the actress can't wait to come out of character and be the "real me".

"The USP (of my 'Swayamvar') will be that people will get to watch the real me and not any character from any show. I'll be here the way I am in real life. It won't be scripted. Things that happen in 'Swayamvar' will make audiences watch the real me and I am sure my wedding will be a success, " an elated but visibly nervous Ratan told.

Women chit-chatting over henna sessions and getting customised lac bangles to adorn their wrists, fragrance of the Rajnigandha mingled in air and a decked up palanquin waiting for the bride-to-be, made it look like a Delhi pre-wedding ceremony. 

Lavish and grand, the self-confessed "Ghar ghar ki beti" (every house's daughter) sat on a sinhasan sporting a citrus orange highly embroidered sleeveless choli with a
lehenga and dupatta, not to miss the coy smile.

Six well-rounded women thumped dholaks with their oversized palms, filling the air with "Shaava Shaava-Balle Balle" under numerous massive chandeliers dangling from the frescoed ceiling of The Club at Andheri.

"This is a chance for me, you know. I am having a mixed bag of emotions that every girl goes through during her marriage. I am feeling a slight fear, some nervousness but I am confident that I will get the right partner for life, " she said, nodding like her character Laali from "Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo".

Audio-visuals of actor Sachin and his wife Supriya Pilgaonkar who gave her a break with "Radha Ki Betiyan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi"; her first co-stars Mona Vasu and Ragini Khanna, and Ratan's eldest sister Seema Chauhan came laden with blessings sandwiched with skits on Bollywood songs like "Rock n roll soniye", "Mehendi hai sajne wali" and "Meri banno ki aaegi baraat". 

Asked for the obvious one - the qualities she's looking in her Mr. Right, Ratan said: "He should be caring, supportive and understanding. He should like lauki (bottle gourd) like the way I do and should respect everyone and be independent… aage sab wo thik karega (god will take care of the rest), " she said.

Why not? After all, she credits the almighty for having come a long way from a remote corner in Patna.

No comments:

Post a Comment