Monday, December 6, 2010

It's Sheila Ki Jawani vs Munni Badnaam Hui. Pick Your Hottie!


It`s Sheila Ki Jawani vs Munni Badnaam Hui. Pick Your Hottie!Upala KBR pits the Dabangg hottie against Tees Maar Khan's leading lady

Sheila Ki Jawani

Starring: Katrina Kaif With Akshay Kumar and a group of city boys.
From: Tees Maar Khan (2010).
Set in: Five different sets including a rotating bed, curtains and a seedy tavern with wooden tables and sailors. While Farah Khan wanted it to be shot like a B-grade Bhojpuri song, it turned out to be a classy Broadway musical.
Choreographed by: Farah Khan.
Dress: Two changes Indian and Western.
USP: Kat in a sheet.
Lines we like: I know you want it but you never gonna get it; tere haath kabhi na aani
Works because: Katrina Kaif has never looked hotter.
Most likely to be played in: High-end cars, nightclubs and iPods of college kids.
Most likely to upset: Women called Sheila and their husbands.
Status: So hot right now!

Malla on how SKJ compares to Munni: I can't comment as I haven't seen the song but just heard it. Apart from both being choreographed by Farah, both are completely different songs in terms of look and music. There are no similarities otherwise. Farah has done a fantastic job on both songs.

I love her work and I am a big fan of hers but Munni will always remain my favourite as it's our (Arbaaz and Malaika) song and part of Dabangg! It's our film and I love the song to death! Nothing is better than our film and song.... My loyalties go without saying (sic). It's not just any song but the best and the audience liked it.

Farah says: Sheila has a million and a half hits on YouTube since it released. It's more sensuous and elegant. I love 'Sheila' and 'Munni' both are my friends. I am happy that both these songs are mine!

Munni will always remain my favourite as it's part of our film Dabangg, and I love the song to death! Nothing is better than our film and song Malaika Arora

Munni Badnaam Hui

Starring: Malaika Arora Khan with Sonu Sood, Salman Khan and a group of villagers.
From: Dabangg (2010).
Choreographed by: Farah Khan.
Set in: A chowki in a basti where Munni is performing in front of villagers. Shot on a rustic set.
Dress: Indian.
USP: Malaika and Farah coming together after Kaal Dhamaal.
Lines we like: Shilpa sa figure Bebo si adaa, Bebo si adaa, Hai mere jhatke mein filmi mazaa re filmi mazaa.
Works because: No one works the floor like Malla does.
Most likely to be played in: Cabs, autorickshaws and dance bars.
Most Likely to upset: Seniors with aches and pains, who use Zandu balm.
Status: Oh-so-yesterday.

Katrina on how SKJ compares to Munni: Firstly. I feel there is no need for comparisons. Such things shouldn't be taken seriously or dissected but laughed about. Also I would like to make one correction here.

I am the lead actress in the film and have done four out of the five songs in the film while Malaika did Munni as an item song and a guest appearance. I've heard Munni and it's fantastic.

There's no point comparing both the songs as Munni was choreographed on a set resembling a basti (slum) and was shot outdoors. It had a different rustic feel to it while Sheila is shot indoors and has a Chicago feel to it.

Farah says: Munni was great fun. It was more naughty and was rustic. I am the lead actress in the film and have done four out of the five songs in the film while Malaika did Munni as an item song.

No comments:

Post a Comment