Monday, December 27, 2010

I am very close to Ashmit: Veena Malik



Pakistani actress Veena Malik, the latest celebrity to be booted out from the Bigg Boss house, says she has grown very close to her co-contestant, Bollywood actor Ashmit Patel.

The 32-year-old actress, who got nominated seven times - the maximum for any housemate on the show - thanks to her antics which included her extreme closeness to Ashmit and her confessed liking to Hrishant Goswami, says she is happy to have survived on an Indian show without being a known face here.

Veena, the ex-girlfriend of Pakistani cricketer Mohammad Asif, came into the news earlier this year by claiming that she knew about Asif's match fixing scandal.

"I was tired of the controversy around me and Asif so I decided that I will go away and when this show was offered I jumped to it because I could stay away from media for some months," Veena told PTI.

But instead of lying low, the Lollywood lass ensured that she generated enough headlines while on the show and her closeness to Ashmit and Hrishant helped her sustain the ordeal of being locked up in the house for months.

Veena, however, says she does not know about the kind of reaction her behaviour generated in the audience.

"I don't know why there is so much confusion. I admit that I am very close to Ashmit. We are very close friends. I love him and he loves me. We never crossed any boundaries on the show. As far as Hrishant is concerned, I like him because he is a very handsome man. But that does not mean I am close to him. I also like Salman Khan," Veena said.

The actress said she was surprised to have remained on the show for so long despite being nominated seven times and felt bad that she was evicted at this point when the show was coming to a close.

"I would pack my bags everytime I was nominated but the audience were so generous that they saved me each time. It is the seventh time that my luck run out but I am happy that despite being an unknown face in India I got so much affection."

On causing controversies in her country as well as in India with her conduct, Veena said she was being her real self on the show.

"You must understand that we were being recorded 24x7. We laugh, we joke, we fight and we discuss serious issues. But it is up to the Bigg Boss to show what he wants to show in an hour.

"But I know that I have done nothing wrong. I was very real on the show. That's how I am in real life. Maybe only our jokes and fights were shown in the one hour. It is upto the show bosses to decided which aspect of our personality they want to reveal," she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment