Thursday, November 18, 2010

Nervous prince carried Diana ring in bag for three weeks

A close up of Kate Middleton's engagement ring. Britain's Prince William admitted Tuesday he was so worried about losing his mother's engagement ring that he hid it in his backpack for three weeks before proposing to girlfriend Kate Middleton.

By AFP - Britain's Prince William admitted he was so worried about losing his mother's engagement ring that he hid it in his backpack for three weeks before proposing to girlfriend Kate Middleton.

"I was carrying it around with me in my rucksack for about three weeks," he said of his late mother Diana's diamond-and-sapphire ring. "I literally would not let it go. Everywhere I went I was keeping hold of it because I knew if this thing disappeared I'd be in a lot of trouble."

The prince presented the priceless heirloom to Middleton when he popped the question on a Kenyan holiday last month, although he would not say whether it was on one knee. Middleton, 28, said "I just hope I look after it" after finally slipping the ring on her finger following a rocky eight-year relationship. The couple are expected to marry in spring or summer of next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment