Tuesday, November 2, 2010

More political stars, less Bollywood at Vivek's reception


More political stars, less Bollywood at Vivek`s receptionActor Vivek Oberoi and his new bride Priyanka Alva looked very much the happy couple at their grand wedding reception here that saw more heavyweights from politics than from Bollywood.

While the bride glowed in a green-blue lehnga choli, the groom sported a dark velvet sherwani at the reception here Sunday that came two days after their marriage in Bangalore. Both Vivek and Priyanka were dressed in Rohit Bal creations.

Priyanka being the daughter of late Karnataka leader Jeevaraj Alva, the event saw a slew of political faces, including Bharatiya Janata Party leaders L.K. Advani and Sushma Swaraj who flew in from Delhi to bless the newly married couple.

Congress leaders like Digvijay Singh, Kripa Shankar Singh and Maharashtra ministers Chhagan Bhujbal, Narayan Rane also graced the occasion. Ujjwal Nikam, special public prosecutor for the 26/11 attacks, was also present.

Kripa Shankar said: "I have come to
congratulate Vivek and Priyankaji. I will pray they lead a very happy life. Suresh Oberoi and his wife wished for a long time to see their son get married, which finally came true."

Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam said: "Vivek is my good friend and I wish the couple a very happy married life."

Vivek's father Suresh Oberoi was on cloud nine and said: "I have got a daughter. I am very happy about Vivek. I also happy about his performance in 'Rakt Charitra'."

From the film industry, Fardeen Khan, Riteish Deshmukh, Tabu, Siddharth, Genelia D'Souza, actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha, director Ram Gopal Varma, Farah Khan attended the ceremony.

Bollywod star Akshay Kumar made a big entry at the end of the wedding and left the venue within minutes after wishing the couple. "I wish them a happy life, that's all," he said.

Shatrughan Sinha said: "Vivek is a very nice boy, so is his family. They seem to be made for each other. I think it would be a fantastic bonding, and should be like that."

Fardeen said: "I wish them a happy life forever."

Siddharth said: "I have known him for a long time and I am very happy that he is finally settling down and I am here to wish him and Priyanka the best."

Varma, who was instrumental in launching Vivek in Bollywood with the film "Company", said: "I wish them a great 'charitra'."

Riteish said: "I am happy for Vivek. Wish them a very happy married life."

Farah said: "I of course wish Vivek all the best. He has been a dancer with me, so I know him for a long time and I think that he has done a perfect thing that he could have done."

No comments:

Post a Comment