Friday, November 12, 2010

Imran-Ranbir and Sonam-Deepika are not rivals: K Jo


Imran-Ranbir and Sonam-Deepika are not rivals: K JoBy Subhash K Jha

The elusive idea for Karan Johar’s next directorial venture is finally in place, thanks to his unscheduled time off due to a sudden bout of malaria.

Because of the illness Karan had the time to ponder deeply over what he wants to direct next. After months of a mental block Karan has finally zeroed in on the subject that he wants to take on next.

And here’s the arresting news: after My Name Is Khan Karan will direct a full-on fun film filled with music and songs…lip-sync songs which were missing in Khan.

Weak but back with his sharp tongue Karan says, “I suppose out of every setback some good is bound to happen. So yes, that elusive idea for my next film for which I had even taken time off to be in New York but came back empty-brained, is finally locked in. ”

Karan has decided to make a complete departure from the
mood of his last film My Name Is Khan. He will now make a full-on masti musical with at least 10 songs.

Says the excited director, “I don’t think I should be talking about it so soon. But I can’t help it. Yes, after a serious film like Khan I am moving into the fun zone. I am doing a fun-and-frolic film. I don’t care if ‘frolic’ is too frivolous a word. That’s what I am doing in my next. ”

Significantly Karan’s next is going to be full-on musical. Says the director, “In My Name Is Khan I couldn’t have my protagonist singing on screen. Though I’m very proud of its songs I somehow feel deprived when I don’t do full-on lip-sync songs. My next will be a full-fledged musicals with the characters singing away on screen. At the moment that’s all I can tell you. ”

On Saturday evening Karan had the the Big B over for dinner. Would it be correct to assume that the mega-star would feature in Karan’s next directorial venture?

At the moment all one can assume is that Shah Rukh Khan will definitely be a part of Karan’s masti-bhari musical.

Says Karan, “Amitji just came home for a conversation dinner and an evening with me and my mother. Every time I speak to him I feel blessed. I’m very fortunate to have not just known him but also worked with him. Of course I’d love to work with him again and with Abhishek. ”

Karan intends to invite Shah Rukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan as solo guests on this season of Koffee With Karan.

“With them there’s no combination that makes any sense any more, ” opines Karan.

After 9 days of no-work Karan will now get back to shooting episodes of his new talk show Koffee With Karan which went on air on Sunday.

Sighs the filmmaker-turned-talkshow-host, “Fortunately I had shot four episodes before I fell ill. So there’s a bank. I’m proud of what I’ve shot so far. People talk about Imran Khan-Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor-Deepika Padukone being rivals. On my show they got along so well!”

Interestingly Deepika is said to have confirmed on Karan’s show that it was Ranbir Kapoor whom she had accused of two-timing in print.

Says Karan, “I’m not saying anything. Just watch my show. ”

No comments:

Post a Comment