Saturday, October 30, 2010

Chris Pine on working with Washington



Actor Chris Pine, who shot to fame with 2009 movie Star Trek, says bagging a role alongside Denzel Washington in Unstoppable was like winning a lottery.

"It seems very much to me like I've won the lottery," Pine said.

The actor says he looks up to the two-time Academy award-winner. However, he admitted that he attempted to keep his amazement at bay while working with the icon, gleaning what he could from the actor by watching him work.

"My job then as a young actor is to be open, and keep my eyes and ears alive to watching a master. Watching Denzel is like watching a great painter at work... It was such a treat," Pine said.

Washington was equally impressed with his younger co-star, saying, "I liked Chris. I suggested him for the role. You cant say what that thing is, but he just had it." Unstoppable hits theatres on November 26.


No comments:

Post a Comment