Sunday, October 3, 2010

Ali Zafar’s song in Wall Street 2



 
Ali Zafar’s song Dekha… from his album Masty, which released in December 2006, has featured in the sequel to the Oscar winning film Wall Street (1987).
The singer-actor was in Dubai for the Fashion Week and returned to his hotel room one night, to find a note from Fox Pictures slipped under his door. It said that director Oliver Stone liked his song and wanted it for his movie, Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps, which opened last Friday.
“The deal was struck nine months ago, they officially bought the rights from me,” says Ali Zafar. “I didn’t get to meet Mr Stone or his team but I saw the film and loved it. It was a great feeling to hear my voice in a Hollywood film.”
The Bin Laden star is back in India and until yesterday, was shooting for a Yashraj film, co-starring Imran Khan and Katrina Kaif, in Saif Ali Khan’s hometown Pataudi. “It was like a
vacation. In Delhi, I went to buy a guitar and was mobbed,” he laughs. “Now I’m looking forward to returning to Mumbai to discuss some interesting offers. I’ll be giving playback in the film and singing three songs.”

No comments:

Post a Comment