Monday, September 6, 2010

Rupert Grint feared Ron's death in final Potter book





Harry Potter star Rupert Grint has said that he was scared of reading the last book in the  series for fear that his character Ron Weasley would die.
       
According to reports, the 22-year-old actor, who has played the red-haired boy-wizard's role since 2001, admits he postponed reading Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows because he was terrified his alter-ego would be killed off.
       
"I think I was the last person to read it. I don't know why I didn't because I'm a big fan of the books, I've read them all. But I was nervous because I'd been hearing so much about characters dying and not making it through to the end. And I wanted Ron to survive!" said Grint.
       
While the British actor has loved working on the movies over the past decade, he is looking forward to the freedom which came from filming his final scenes.
       
"Part of me doesn't really want it to end, because I've loved it and it's been a huge part of my life, that routine. But in the same way, it's been 10 years of solid filmmaking, so it's nice to have a bit of freedom. Yeah, just be free," he said.
       
The final installation of the franchise is to be released in two parts. The first will open in cinemas in November, and the second in July next year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment