Tuesday, September 21, 2010

No billions for Bill Gates kids

No billions for Bill Gates kids
Microsoft founder bill gates said he wont be leaving hi $56 billion to his kids, but some money but not a meaningful percentage, said Bill Gates.

Bill Gates and his wife Melinda have three children - Jennifer, 14, Rory, 11, and eight-year-old Phoebe.

Bill Gates said:
I will give the kids some money but not a meaningful percentage. Setting the number so that they need to work but they feel reasonably taken care of is hard to figure out. I knew I didn't think it was a good idea to give the money to my kids. That wouldn't be good either for my kids or society. So the question was, 'Can I find something that had incredible impact?' I knew I wanted to do that.


Along with his wife, he launched the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which so far donated $30 billion to fund mass vaccination programs to eradicate diseases such as polio and TB.

Mr Gates is currently working on the U.N. Millennium Development Goals - a set of targets to reduce global poverty by 2015 - as a summit begins in New York on Monday.

Further more he said:
Once you improve health then the population comes down because people have fewer children because the survival rates are better, When population comes down your ability to eat, to educate, to have jobs and to get countries to be self-sustaining is pretty phenomenal. Aid isn't something that will have to continue for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment