Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My tears are for real, says Priyanka Chopra





Fear Factor 3 host Priyanka Chopra says she actually felt sorry for participants who had to go.

For the past few weeks, Priyanka Chopra has been shooting in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, for Fear Factor 3 - Khatron Ke Khiladi. The actress's first tryst with the small screen is proving to be both fun and exhausting. With two stunts to be shot daily, the star has had no time to indulge in sightseeing and retail therapy. She has to be present on the Colors show sets every moment - even as the contestants do their stunts. There is no break as she goads them to perform better.

One of the stunts was shot in a chocolate factory in Rio (where parts of The Incredible Hunk was filmed). PC wears a colourful short dress and is full of life as she jokes with the crew members and participants when the camera is not whirring.

But she can't talk. It's only when she is zooming to another location in Rio for another shoot that she can. In the car while opening a mineral water bottle, the actress spills water on her dress. "Oh I always do this," she coos as we ask her...

Question: Suddenly there are too many B-Town stars at the same time on the small screen.
Priyanka: Yes, but I'm currently the first to say yes to a reality show and also the first as to go on air. So I stand at number 1!

Question: How afraid are you of the much-dreaded TRPs that make or mar a show?
Priyanka: All this while, I used to dread Fridays, that is the time when we would know our movie's opening collections. Now it is going to dreadful Wednesdays for me - that is when I will know the television rating points.

Question: Tears (faked or otherwise) are an integral part of a reality show. Do you see yourself sobbing for participants who have to go?
Priyanka: Like most others, I used to think that the tears aren't for real. But now after having gone through it, I can say that they are. I have shed tears when one of the participants had to go. I was sorry for him and suddenly my eyes welled up while the camera was on.

Question: Were you disappointed when the original choice (cricketers) on the show fizzled out?
Priyanka: Not exactly. If there had been only cricketers on the show, then they would be all be talking about the same stuff, now as the participants belong to different fields there is more variety.

Question: Have you overcome any of your fears during the shoot?
Priyanka: From childhood, I used to suffer from arachnophobia - a fear of spiders. I dreaded them. But now after having held them in my hand for Fear Factor, I've overcome that fear.

Question: What was the main reason you agreed to host Fear Factor?
Priyanka: My family - my parents and my brother were kicked about it. They are regular viewers. There was no way I could have said no to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment