Monday, September 6, 2010

Jacqueline Fernandez wants to work with Abhay Deol





Sri Lankan actress Jacqueline Fernandez, who teamed up with Riteish Deshmukh in her first two movies, says she would love to team up with Abhay Deol.

Asked about her favourite actors, she said: "I aspire to be like Aishwarya Rai for her elegance and poise. One actor I would like to pair up with would be Abhay Deol. He is very talented and I personally like his work a lot."

After doing fantasy roles, Jacqueline is all set to play a "real" character in filmmaker Milap Zaveri's next and says doing such roles is more challenging than the fairytale ones.

"For my next project, I will start working with Milap Zaveri once again. The project is in the scripting stages. My character is very 'real' and nothing like my fairytale characters that I did in Alladin or Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai," Jacqueline said.

"But I must accept it is very difficult to play real characters because when you have a fairy tale character, you can do anything with them. But to build connection with the audiences and to make them believe reality is very difficult. And you definitely have to do a lot of research; you have to be in the skin of the character and it's something that I have not done before."

The 26-year-old, who was in the capital for wedding exhibition Shagunn, is open to experimentation - be it bold roles or item numbers.

"I am 'in' for these kind of roles. The condition is that they should excite me. I am open for experimentation be it bold roles, subject oriented films or song sequences. If the role makes me believe I can do it differently and that I can do full justice to it, I will definitely take it," she said.

"I'm very choosy about my roles and scripts. I just see my career as a journey and not as a race to win or to earn. I like roles that are different yet challenging."

At the same time she feels, she can't plan to do specific roles.

"Planning a role is something one cannot do. I can't sit and decide I want to play Mother Teresa. The role, script, director all come in a package."

The actress reveals she is in love with the capital and that is what brings her back again so often.

"I consider Delhi my second home now, apart from Mumbai because I am here so often. I am in love with the city. I just love coming back here again and again. Delhi offers best restaurants and shopping experience unlike anywhere in India," she said.


No comments:

Post a Comment