Thursday, September 16, 2010

Aisam-ul Haq cries tears of joy returning to Pakistan


Teary-eyed Aisam feels like 'a winner'

Governor Punjab Salman Taseer awarded a gold medal and half a million rupees to Pakistan's top tennis player Aisamul Haq Qureshi on Thursday.

Aisam received the award from Taseer at the Governors House at a reception held in his honor for reaching the finals at the US Open.

In an emotional address Aisam said he was following in his grand-fathers footsteps, and even though he lost he felt like a winner.

" All my life I’ve tried to do something to make my country and my parents proud of me. It’s been a long tough journey, I want to thank my relatives, friends and family for being with me through my up and downs. You should never give up on your dreams. "

Earlier in the day, Aisam met Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif, who hailed him as a national hero and also directed the sports secretary to join hands with the tennis star to promote the sport in Punjab.

[Courtesy: Express]

No comments:

Post a Comment