Monday, August 23, 2010

I am done with all toxic relations, says Vivek



Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi, who is gearing up for his next release Rakta Charitra, has decided to distance himself from controversies and let bygones be bygones.
   
"I do not want to get into any more controversies.. I have learnt from my personal life that revenge is a waste of time. Enmity, anger are all negative. True strength lies in forgiveness and not punishment," Vivek, told PTI.
    
"Life is a roller coaster ride...there are ups and downs. Experience teaches you a lot, be it good or bad. I decided one day, I was done with all unnecessary drama, toxic relations, enmity, feud and hatred. There was too much baggage to carry. I wanted to be free feel positive," said the actor who courted controversy since 2003 by calling a press conference, accussing superstar Salman Khan of harrasment.
    
"I decided I want to be a happy person, want to do good work, take up social causes. Since then everything started falling in place," he further said.
    
The 33-year-old considers himself lucky to have such a supportive and understanding family.
    
"My family always stood by me,they motivated and supported me every moment. They are my pillars of support," Vivek said.
    
"During my bad phase, I went to my mother for advice. She asked me to go out to other people who are in more pain and problems. Automatically I felt my pain was less," the actor said.

The actor is all set to marry Priyanka, daughter of senior Janata Dal (U) leader, Dr Jeevaraj Alva. The couple's wedding is slated for October this year.
    
"On a personal note, life is really good. I feel I am really lucky and happy. My family is very happy," Vivek said.
    
About his professional life, he said, "Work wise I am very content. I think I am doing decent...my films are doing well. Rakta Charitra is my forthcoming film and one would see me in a romantic film soon like Saathiya."
    
The actor made his debut in 2002 in Ram Gopal Varma's Company. He received the best debut as well as best supporting actor award for the film.
    
"Today, I feel like the glorious eight years of my life are back, everything seems good like before. I had the good fortune of working with great directors like Mani Ratnam, Vishal Bharadwaj, RGV and others," Vivek said.
    
Directed by Ramgopal Varma, Rakta Charitra, is based on the true life story of slain political leader Paritala Ravi (Vivek) and Maddela Cheruvu Suri (Surya Sivakumar).
    
With Rakta Charitra, I am working with RGV again after eight years...it is amazing to work with him, he said.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment