Friday, August 27, 2010

Drugs inspired my music: Lady Gaga




Pop singer Lady Gaga has revealed that her addiction to drugs had helped her create music.

She began using illegal substances after she dropped out of a music course at New York University in 2005 and insists that getting high helped her creativity, reports contactmusic.com

"(Using drugs) I really figured out the art I wanted to make and was inspired. Some people find inspiration in dark places. I guess I'm one of them," said Gaga.

"What always made me different is that if I was doing drugs, I was also making music. I wasn't just doing drugs."

The 24-year-old singer - real name Stefani Germanotta - also revealed her mother Cynthia didn't understand her need for drugs.

"At the beginning I was doing performance art in handmade leather and leopard bikinis talking about oral sex and Andy Warhol (painter and filmmaker) and heavy metal. My mom was like, 'You've lost your mind.' I was doing drugs, I was really out of control. But I never got so far into it that I overdosed or anything."

But Gaga doesn't do drugs anymore and claims she has toned down her wild lifestyle.

She said: "Once you open those doors they're open for ever. People who say they need (drugs) to be creative are full of s**t. I'm not some chick on the road getting high and f***ed up every night. I wake up, drink coffee and get on the phone to talk about the creative direction of the next video."

No comments:

Post a Comment