Thursday, August 5, 2010

Deepika's look alike?





Anyone who has seen a recent photoshoot of LA talk show host and actress Lakshmi Manchu (she's Telugu star Mohan Babu's beti), can't deny that she looks a lot like Ms Padukone

Lakshmi Manchu, daughter of Telugu star Mohan Babu, is gearing up for B-Town. The actress has an uncanny resemblance to Deepika Padukone.

She did a photo shoot recently and anyone who has seen the snapshots can't help but comment on the similarity.

She is, however, not new to showbiz. Based in Los Angeles (she keeps shuttling between India and the US), Lakshmi has appeared in shows like Las Vegas, Boston Legal and even Desperate Housewives.

Basking in success
She is currently basking in the success of her first movie as a producer -- a Telugu film Jhummandi Nadham under her home banner Sri Lakshmi Prasanna Pictures. The film released last month. Directed by K Raghavendra Rao, it stars her younger brother Manoj.



"I am excited that the film got a tremendous response. I feel super blessed, " she said. The stardaughter also plays the negative lead in Disney's first ever Telugu film tentatively titled Once Upon A Teardrop which stars Siddharth and Shruti Haasan.

"I love playing the negative lead. The most difficult thing I would say was getting into the evil queen's costume after hours of make up. But when the end result is nice it's all worth it."

Her chat show in the south The Lakshmi Manchu Show is slated for a third season soon. "When I was in the US, I used to watch a lot of Bollywood movies. It was a great connect between the East and the West.

Now that I am here, I do have some offers from Bollywood but it's too early as I am going through some scripts. I would want something really challenging and different for my first film." 

No comments:

Post a Comment